MAKE YOUR OWN FLASHCARDS
BritishCouncil Make your own flashcards! You can add images, text and phonemic script.
FlashCard Machine A free service for creating web-based study flashcards that can be shared with others.
FlashCard Exchange Create, study, print, share and download millions of flashcards.
Proprofs.com Make your own free online flashcards with images & color. Choose from millions of free flashcards on any subject to study. Create printable flashcards. Download, embed or study online.
Educational Press Create free educational worksheets such as flashcards, game boards, and quizzes to print directly from your browser.
HoldThatWord Quickly memorize vocabulary by creating custom flashcards. Great for SAT/GRE study and foreign language learning.
Brain Flips Make & Study Flashcards
CREATE COMICS & STORIES
- Comic Creator Using Disney characters, you can create your own comics and print it.
- Comic Creator by ReadWriteThink You can create your black&white comics using different backgrounds and print.
- Professor Garfield Build your own Garfield comic strip.
- TVOKids.com Create your super comics and either send to someone or print.
- Doctor Who Comic Maker Create your very own graphic Doctor Who adventure, now with the ability to print out and keep the results.
- Digger and the Gang Pick out a comic strip and create your own story by typing your own text şnto the speech bubbles. Once you’ve finished print out your story..
- Cartoonist Another great web space that motivates kids to tell stories, and share them with others
- Story Maker Great for prompting creative writing and encouraging kids to think sequentially. This one even suggests sentences based on props you provide for your character. The site also gives you the opportunity to print your story or to save it.
- Story Jumper StoryJumper is a place to create and discover stories for kids.
- Make Beliefs Comix Write in English, Spanish, Italian, French, German, or Latin.
- Toon Doo Has the greatest range of choices in the galleries, and it has so many extra tools, like TraitR, DoodlR, ImagineR and the Book Maker.
- Myths & Legends This site is for pupils, teachers and all those who enjoy stories and storytelling. Almost every town, city and village in Britain has its own special story, be it a Celtic legend, Dark Age mystery, strange happening or fable.
CREATE CARTOONS & MOVIES
- Go Animate Create videos for education, business or just for fun.
- Zimmer Twins website invites kids to create and share their own animated stories.
- Classik TV Edit sequences, create the subtitles, and send it to a friend.
WORD CLOUD TOOLS
- Wordle.net It’s simple, fun and creative. To create a wordle, simply go to Wordle.net, enter in the RSS feed for a blog or text, hit submit and let the site do the rest. After creating the wordle, users are able to customize the look of it. Options range from color to size and shape.
- WordItOut is the word cloud generator that gives you control with many custom settings. Free to use and no sign up required.
- TagCrowd specializes in making word clouds easy to read, analyze and compare, for a variety of useful purposes
- Tagxedo turns words – famous speeches, news articles, slogans and themes, even your love letters – into a visually stunning word cloud.
- ABCya.com word clouds for kids.
- ToCloud is an online free word cloud generator that uses word frequency as the weight. Hence, the generated word cloud of a page gives a quick understanding of how the page is optimized for certain words.
- TagCloud Generator an generate your tag clouds in html and flash online with just a few steps in downloadable form.
- ImageChef you can create a different styled and shaped word cloud and send to your friends etc as a post card.
- Jeopardy Labs allows you to create a customized jeopardy template without PowerPoint. The games you make can be played online from anywhere in the world.
- ESL Kids Create thousands of worksheets and printables for ESL kids’ classes with the ESL-Kids worksheet generator.
PUBLISH YOUR STUDENTS’ WORK
- Yudu Lets you upload all sorts of content including Word documents and PDFs. It will quickly convert the documents into an impressive virtual magazine with flipping pages. Account creation is optional but an email address is required. You can also set privacy settings to public or private.
- Flipsnack Very similar to Yudu and is extremely easy to use. The only caveat is the document you upload must be in PDF format. If you have a copy machine at school that scans into PDF, load it with student work, create a PDF and convert it into a virtual book.
- Issuu Pronounced “issue”, is another option to upload almost any document format and transform it into a virtual flipping book. Of course, you can share and or embed the resulting creation. For example, you can embed the book on your classroom homepage or wiki.
- Tikatok Aimed at younger students and is a wonderful tool for story creation. Students begin with story starters or a completely blank book. Text, images and imagination are added and an amazing digital book is created. The final product can be viewed online and a print copy can be ordered.
- Mixbook Very similar to Tikatok but features some sophisticated editing tools perfect for middle or high school students. The site includes numerous templates and images to ensure a professional-looking book. Mixbook also offers accounts designed for teachers.
- Epubbud Allows you to convert and existing document into an e-book or create the book on the site itself. The difference is that it converts the book to the epub format, which is compatible with numerous readers and tablets. The user interface is not as elegant as some of the other website choices but is an efficient way to generate an epub format book.
- Lulu Like a combination of Epubbud and Mixbook. You have the ability to upload a document and convert to epub format. In addition, the site contains photo book tools very similar to Mixbook. Add images and text to tell a story. Tools are also available for creating poetry books and digital portfolios.
- Scribd Arguably the best known online publishing site. Upload any file or even import from Google Docs. One drawback for the school setting is the number of advertisements.
- YouPublish is similar to Scribd. Upload virtually any type of file, including video, and it will be viewable and shareable. It’s very easy to upload content and this site works well for older students.